Hot Downloads

Friday, February 3, 2012

KDP select Fund is reduced by $100,000

Are you a publisher of Kindle eBooks?
Have you try on publishing eBooks or articles to Amazon?
Have you try on enrolling your eBooks or articles to KDP Select scheme?
If you say ‘Yes!’ for either one of the questions above, you should be interested on today’s topic.

What is KDP Select?
KDP Select scheme is a newly issued scheme invented by Amazon, which let Kindle eBook publishers to promote and lend their eBooks to part of the Amazon members for free. The scheme has a great effect on sales improvement, and therefore is a popular scheme for Kindle eBook publishers.

If you are not familiar with what KDP Select is and what it can do, check out the simple but details explanation here:

“Enrolling KDP Select scheme in Amazon really help on sales boost up”
http://expertscolumn.com/content/enrolling-kdp-select-scheme-amazon-really-help-sales-boost

KDP Fund is reduced in February of 2012
As you may already know, Amazon provides KDP Fund for publishers enrolled to KDP Select Scheme. The volume of the Fund is critical factor which affects publishers’ income. Therefore, the more the fund is, the better.
If you have published on or before January of 2012, you may already know that the January Fund is originally $600,000, but then change to $700,000 at the last 2 weeks of January. I don’t really know where the Fund came from, so I don’t really understand why there is a sudden increase. Anyway, this is very good news for those who have enrolled to the KDP Select scheme.
However, as mentioned in the latest Amazon announcement, the Fund for February is only $600,000, which easily makes people thinks that the Fund is greatly decreased from $700,000 to $600,000.

How should I react?
As a publisher, who has also enrolled to the KDP Select scheme, I also have a little sadness for the numbers. As it sounds that my income may be decreased in the coming month, and I am not sure if there will be further decrease in the upcoming months.
However, think again. Does the fund really affect us that much?
Although I have enrolled to the scheme, nobody has borrowed my book. Yes, NOBODY.
However, I do think the scheme help me to improve my sales. This is because enrolling allows me to do free promotions, this push up my ranking and let others know my book. The increase of income is not come from the borrowers, but from readers who really pay money for the book.
The true is, once you use the free promotions, the popularity of your books increase a lot. This is the main factor that gains you income.
So don’t panic because the KDP Fund is reduced! As main income is actually not come from the fund!

Contact Elsy Chapman:
Personal Site:
http://income-improve.blogspot.com/
http://google-androoid.blogspot.com/

Published Books:
http://income-improve.blogspot.com/2012/01/my-first-ebook-published-earning-full.html

4 comments:

  1. I really appreciate your professional approach. These are pieces of very useful information that will be of great use for me in future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, things explained in details. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don’t know how should I give you thanks! I am totally stunned by your article. You saved my time. Thanks a million for sharing this article.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing blog and very interesting stuff you got here! I definitely learned a lot from reading through some of your earlier posts as well and decided to drop a comment on this one!

    ReplyDelete